As a Leadership and Transition Coach, I’ve learned there is both an art and science to powerful questioning. Powerful questions can reveal one’s innermost thinking, start people talking and get to the heart of the matter. For wealth advisors, whose profession depends on building and cultivating client relationships, powerful questions can deepen the bond.
5 Powerful Questions After Loss of a Loved One
- How are you feeling today?
- Do you feel up to telling me about him?
- Tell me what I can do for you, now or in the weeks ahead?
- If I could remove one burden for you, what would that be?
- What’s your favorite story about her?
Your clients may be somewhere else. Remember that listening is a powerful skill in its own right.
To catch up on ALL the questions in this series, go to www.ledermark.com/blog.
Gerri Leder is president of LederMark Communications & Coaching, engaged in thought leadership, leadership and transition coaching.