As a Leadership and Transition Coach, I’ve learned there is both an art and science to powerful questioning. Powerful questions can reveal one’s innermost thinking, start people talking and get to the heart of the matter. For wealth advisors, whose profession depends on building and cultivating relationships, powerful questions can deepen the bond with clients.
5 Questions Financial Advisors Should Ask About Their Clients’ Priorities
- Who are the three most important people in your life?
- What do you value most about your relationship with me?
- What would you like to get more of from my team?
- How closely do you track your expenses and savings?
- How concerned are you about outliving your money?
Addressing your clients’ priorities is imperative. Remember to acknowledge what you hear and to capture and recall what is shared.
To catch up on ALL the questions in this series, go to www.ledermark.com/blog.
Gerri Leder is president of LederMark Communications & Coaching, engaged in thought leadership, leadership and transition coaching.